Approved Products & Manufacturers
Approved products required by ABS Rules for Classification are part of the ABS Approved Products & Manufacturers database. Each product is tested to verify that, provided that the proper manufacturing processes are followed, it will meet ABS requirements. These products are all specified by the ABS Rules for Building and Classing.
Click here to view approved listings for the following:
- Steel Mills
- Manufacturers, Ship Anchor Chains and Mooring Chains
- Tailshaft Weld Repair Facilities
- Tailshaft Weld Cladding Facilities
- Aluminum Producers
- Casting Facilities
- Forging Facilities
Click here to view the following documentation concerning approved welding consumables:
- Index of Manufacturers
- Gas Metal Arc Welding and Flux Cored Arc Welding
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Submerged Arc Welding
- Acceptance of Filler Materials to AWS Standards
- Filler Metal Comparison Chart, ABS – AWS
- Annual Approval
This Program is separate from the Type Approval process where manufacturers voluntarily elect to undergo a Product Design Assessment (PDA) review through ABS Engineering and optionally undergo either a Manufacturer's Assessment (MA) or Product Quality Assurance (PQA) audit through ABS Survey.
Contact us for further information.